I received pictures on a regular basis from hunters, clients, PH’s and Outfitters. Usually 40-60% of the pictures I receive are not usable. Here are some tips to take with you into the field. Follow these steps and you’ll take pictures everyone will be happy to see.
- Never take a picture of an animal with its tongue hanging out. Best to stuff it back in or just cut it off.
- Cleanup all excess blood on the animal. If there is blood on the ground – move the animal to a clean spot. Remember, we get people other than hunters looking at our online photos. All unnecessary blood in pictures shows hunters in a negative light.
- Always show the animal in the best possible position – be respectful to both the animal and the hunter.
- Don’t take pictures of game in the back of a pickup truck or 4-wheeler, this is not respectful to the animal and adds a negative connotation to hunting.
- Don’t take pictures of game hanging from a tree or in a skinning shed or garage – this is not respectful to the animal and adds a negative connotation to hunting.
- Cover all large entry or exit wounds with brush, grass or leaves. Large wounds are best covered.
- If the hunter is going to lay his/her rifle over the game, make sure the bolt is open and the barrel is clearly pointing away from the hunter. Double check the camera viewer or display screen before you click the picture.
- When you choose an area to take your trophy picture, make sure the setting looks natural. Avoid cars, 4-wheelers, blacktop roads, fences and signs in the background. Choose your spot and background wisely.
- Whether you are taking a picture for a friend or you are having a friend take pictures for you, please keep these tips in mind and you’ll have photos to really be proud of! Most of all, show respect for your trophy and respect for the sport we all love.
About Global Sporting Safaris, Inc.
Global Sporting Safaris, Inc. is a Full-Service Hunting Booking Agency located in Casper, Wyoming and established in 1991. We have a staff of 7 Hunting Consultants and Fishing Travel Agents with a combined 175 years of experience. We specialize in Africa Hunting Safaris, New Zealand Hunting and Argentina Hunting. Global Sporting Safaris invests time, effort and financial resources in developing our hunting trips with a constant eye on the quality and professional services they offer.